Canberra Photographic Society
The Canberra Photographic Society (CPS) is an organisation of keen photographers in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Australia. Our members take photographs covering a wide range of styles and subjects.
See http://www.cpsaus.org for more information.
Here is a place where CPS Members share can their thoughts about photography techniques, aesthetics, inspiration…..
Access is available to all.
You can receive email notifications of all posts by clicking the [Subscribe] button on the right.
Members of CPS may become Contributors to submit articles for publication in the Blog. You can become a contributor either through receiving an invitation or by emailing a request to Murray Foote (email@example.com) or by leaving a request in a comment to this post.
Posts by contributors are moderated before posting, so that images can be a constant area. Otherwise if you add a default-sized image, portrait sized images will be huge and landscape sized panoramas will be tiny. It’s complicated to do this so I offer to do it for you.
- Alternatively, you may prefer to size your images to on-page size when exporting (eg from Lightroom) or I can send you a link to show you how I do it. In this case, you can be an author who posts directly, but you have to request this..
I also suggest a margin to images to help them stand out. That’s easy enough to do but I can do that for you too. Black is the default but I can make them white or leave it as no border if you prefer.
Follow the instructions when you receive the invitation:
- Click to sign up for a WordPress account
- This takes you to a blank WordPress page
- Click Log In at top left
- Click Register at bottom left
- If you only want a username and not a new blog, click [sign up for just a username] at bottom right….
- You will then receive an email and need to activate your account
- Click to Accept Invitation
- This takes you to the Blog’s Dashboard screen, where you can Add a new Post using a menu item at the left
- Alternatively, you may come in at the main page of the Blog.
- There should be a black bar at the top and an item “My Sites” at the far left of that
- Hold your mouse over “My Sites” and a menu should appear, allowing you to add a Blog post.
- When I tried this using another email address, it didn’t work the first day (no menu bar with items) but did when I tried the second
- Not sure what happened but a little patience may be in order….